My work of Art is not ready for the public yet. It needs to be 100% problem free, perfect in every way, and rock solid for life. Its pretty much that already, but its now a matter of fine tuning. I decided to go with some Texas Instruments regulators for the DC filament supply. These puppies are over $50 each for American-made quality vs. the $5 chinese knockoffs I used during prototyping. I figure the American stuff will probably last longer even though their technical specifications are the same. I also decided to change the power supply tether design to something safer, more robust, and unfortunately more expensive. I'm leaving the 5-pin XLR connector design and moving on to the bigger, more powerful 8-pin octal tube socket connectors... similar to the connections you would find on a vintage Wurlitzer electric piano or maybe some hammond organ stuff. Big cables with big connectors. The connectors and cabling are 3x's the price, but Trinity is destined for greatness and no parts skimping can be a part of that. I decided to go with a bigger, more power PSU which will be able to power 4 channels of Trinity. From extensive testing I have determined Trinity needs to be a mono unit, not stereo. This will ensure perfect isolation from cross talk between multiple channels.
As you can see, a lot has been going on in the further development of the product. Its going to be a major player for LBA, so there is no point in rushing to meet a deadline on this one. Its done when its done.
About the Author
Mike Congilosi II, Owner/Designer/Electronics Engineer at Lightning Boy Audio and Owner/Audio Engineer/Music Producer at LBA Studios.