The Flux Bender Equalizer
The Flux Bender is a stereo, passive, vacuum tube powered equalizer. It works great in many scenarios where big, warm, and detailed stereo equalization is desired. The Flux Bender is an excellent choice for Mastering when looking to make tracks sound less digital. Despite the warmth provided by this EQ, it's still exceptionally accurate and natural sounding. The things that really set this EQ apart from other passive equalizers is its fluid-like tone and its unique Lightning Boy class A amplifier which delivers punch and clarity with a touch of "magic." The Flux Bender excels in a number of tracking applications, such as on drum overheads or acoustic guitar, but also works fantastically well on mono sources such as vocals and bass. Its great at displaying a wide, clean image, but with a silky smooth warm tone. Order direct from our store page.
- Balanced & Matched pair of cryo-treated NOS 12AT7 tubes.
- Sowter input transformers, Jensen interstage transformers, custom-made Cinemag output transformers and inductors.
- Lightning Boy "Juice Box" external power supply with power tether included for ultra low noise operation.
- High quality Alps Blue Velvet pots, Alps rotary switches, and Electroswitch toggles.
- Paper in oil EQ filter caps provide fluid-like tone with an uncommon level of sonic transparency.
- True Bypass. Front panel toggle switch activates electromagnetic relay to provide a straight wire bypass.
- Buffered Bypass. Allows user to bypass EQ stage in order to utilize the tone of the tube amplifier and transformers.
- Low Shelf Boost with 6 selectable frequencies (5dB/octave slope): 35Hz, 65Hz, 80Hz, 110Hz, 160Hz, 220Hz
- Low Shelf Cut with 6 selectable frequencies (5dB/octave slope): 35Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 320Hz, 380Hz, 470Hz
- High Shelf Cut with 6 selectable frequencies (5dB/octave slope): 3.5kHz, 5kHz, 6.8kHz, 10kHz, 22kHz, 25kHz
- High Bell Boost with 6 selectable frequencies & "Flux Interaction" control (variable bandwidth): 4kHz, 4.8kHz, 5.2kHz, 11kHz, 15kHz, 22kHz. Bandwidth variable from 4dB/octave to 12dB/octave. Maximum boost of 20dB @ 12dB/octave or maximum boost of 6dB @ 4dB/octave.
- One set of EQ controls to adjust Left/Right simultaneously with superb stereo tracking and zero crosstalk. Filter caps and resistors matched to 1% tolerance for accurate tracking.
- Independent Left/Right output volume controls.
- -116dB noise floor, A-weighted with volume knobs set to full.
- 100kHz total Frequency Response with a flat response from 10Hz-30kHz.
- 0.42%THD+N with 1kHz sine wave at 1V.
- External "Juice Box II" power supply and 6' long octal power tether included.
- 5-year warranty
- Hand-wired point to point and hand-crafted in the USA by Lightning Boy.
Please Note... These equalizers are hand made and require many custom components to be manufactured. It takes time to put this order together. Delivery times may vary depending on Lightning Boy's current work load. Average delivery within 2-3 months. Order direct from our store page.
Price: $4199 USD