The Flux Bender Equalizer
The Flux Bender is a stereo, passive, vacuum tube powered equalizer. It works great in many scenarios where big, warm, and detailed stereo equalization is desired. The Flux Bender is an excellent choice for Mastering when looking to make tracks sound less digital. Despite the warmth provided by this EQ, it's still exceptionally accurate and natural sounding. The things that really set this EQ apart from other passive equalizers is its fluid-like tone and its unique Lightning Boy class A amplifier which delivers punch and clarity with a touch of "magic." At LBA Recording Studio, the Flux Bender sees use in many different scenarios. Its often used for drum overheads or acoustic guitar, but also sees work as a bus EQ when a huge warm sound is desired. Its great at displaying a wide, clean image, but with a healthy dose of creamy warm tone. Check out what Paul Vnuk Jr. had to say about it in his review for Recording Magazine. Order direct from our store page.
Download the high resolution 48kHz or 192kHz audio samples from the Sound Cloud example above by clicking here.
- Balanced & Matched pair of cryo-treated NOS 12AT7 tubes, matched pair of cryo-treated NOS 6X4 tubes, pair of NE-2 tubes.
- Sowter input transformers, Jensen interstage transformers, custom-made Cinemag output transformers and inductors.
- Lightning Boy "Juice Box" external power supply with power tether included for ultra low noise operation.
- High quality Alps and PEC pots, plus Alps rotary switches and heavy duty toggle switches.
- Paper in oil EQ filter caps, including Lightning Boy's own hand-made paper in oil Flux Capacitors provide fluid-like tone with an uncommon level of sonic transparency.
- Low Shelf Boost with 6 selectable frequencies (5dB/octave slope): 35Hz, 65Hz, 80Hz, 110Hz, 160Hz, 220Hz
- Low Shelf Cut with 6 selectable frequencies (5dB/octave slope): 35Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 320Hz, 380Hz, 470Hz
- High Shelf Cut with 6 selectable frequencies (5dB/octave slope): 3.5kHz, 5kHz, 6.8kHz, 10kHz, 22kHz, 25kHz
- High Bell Boost with 6 selectable frequencies & "Flux Interaction" control (variable bandwidth): 4kHz, 4.8kHz, 5.2kHz, 11kHz, 15kHz, 22kHz. Bandwidth variable from 4dB/octave to 12dB/octave. Maximum boost of 20dB @ 12dB/octave or maximum boost of 6dB @ 4dB/octave.
- One set of EQ controls to adjust Left/Right simultaneously with superb stereo tracking and zero crosstalk. Filter caps and resistors matched to .01% tolerance for absolute perfection.
- Independent Left/Right output volume controls.
- -115dB noise floor, A-weighted
- 100kHz Frequency Response with a flat response from 0Hz-23.5kHz.
- 0.2%THD+N with 1kHz sine wave at 1V.
- 5-year warranty
- Hand-wired point to point and hand-crafted in the USA by Lightning Boy.
Please Note... These equalizers are hand made by a single person and require many custom components to be made, some of which are made by hand. It takes time to put this order together. Delivery times may vary depending on Lightning Boy's current work load. Current estimated time for build and delivery in USA: 6-8 weeks. Order direct from our store page.
Price: $4800 USD